Moving in / Moving to another room / Moving out
Moving to another room
An allocated block of halls of residence, an allocated room or date of moving in cannot be changed during the period of moving in, i.e. until the end of September. Moving to another room is possible from the beginning of October.
When and where
Information about a particular allocated hall of residence and room will be available at ISKAM https://iskam-web.vse.cz/ in the Reservation tab. You have to come to the dormitory on this day during office hours.
What you should bring
Identity card (foreign students should bring their valid passports)
If I cannot appear
When you need to moving in on another day, for serious reasons, please contact the dormitory manager in advance by e-mail..
In the ISKAM system, you must have a signed accommodation contract (manual) and charge funds (manual) in the main account for the payment of rent and accommodation deposit.
We recommend reading the contents of the contract and general conditions before you sign it, as you will not have sufficient quiet time to read it thoroughly when moving in.
Residence card, keys, bedlinen, room deffects
After completing all move in tasks in the dormitory office, you will receive the room keys. In some halls of residence, you will receive also a key from the main entrance to the hall of residence. Bed linen is available in the room.
Assignment of the room
The takeover will be done by yourself, with no employee of the hall of residence present. As soon as you enter the room, check the room and its furnishings immediately for proper condition fit for use, and immediately report any defects in the ISKAM system. You will be responsible for defects not recorded in system, you will breach the accommodation contract.
- The first week in October is the first permitted day of moving to another room.
- A person interested in moving to another room must appear in person during office hours and prove his/her identity.
- In case of exchange of the allocation with another student, both these students have to appear at the same time.
- Each application for moving to another room will be decided individually and may be rejected.
- Rooms may not be booked.
- Information about free rooms will be provided only at personal visits.
A student may move until the 4th day of a calendar month inclusive (during office hours only). This is due to sending a direct debit order to the bank usually on the 5th day of a calendar month (the particular term of sending is published in the news on a monthly basis). Any later date of moving will be permitted only in exceptional cases upon agreement with the manager of the relevant hall of residence.
Moving from one hall of residence to another (applies to VSE halls of residence in Prague)
- is the charge of the central accommodation office.
- A student may move until the 4th day of a calendar month inclusive (during office hours only).
- This is due to sending a direct debit order to the bank usually on the 5th day of a calendar month (the particular term of sending is published in the news on a monthly basis).
- A student may move only if he/she has no debts, i.e. he/she has paid all outstanding amounts owed to VSE SUZ (residence fee, utilities, damages, late payment interest, if appropriate, etc.)
We have launched a new feature in the ISKAM web interface that will make the actual handover of your accommodation easier and, if you follow the booking procedure for moving out and handing over your room, will save you the time you would have spent waiting in the queue. And it will also make it easier for you to move to summer accommodation if you are moving to another college.
The resident must move out no later than the end date of their ISKAM accommodation.
When you move out, you must restore your room to its original condition. The room is handed over clean, including the facilities (kitchen and bathroom).
The room will be re-inspected by the maid at the time of the reservation for moving out of the room – according to the procedure, and only after its approval will the maid take the keys to the room. At the same time, inventory (lamp, bedding, etc.), room keys, dorm pass, and access card must be returned if borrowed. Also, ensure all your debts will be paid in ISKAM!).
The accommodation deposit can be requested to be sent back to the account listed in the ISKAM system or left in the account.
If the student cannot/will not be present to hand over the room to the maid, there is an option called Express check out ( fee according to the price list of services of each dormitory). When selecting this option, the student announces the date and time of their intention to leave the residence hall – as per procedure and is not bound by any maid hours or ticket entry rules.
If there is any discrepancy in room inventory, cleaning, etc., charges may be assessed according to the housing policy.